CINCINNATI – To celebrate the first local edition of Major League Soccer’s Heineken Rivalry Week, FC Cincinnati are inviting fans to arrive early to Sunday’s nationally televised game against Columbus Crew SC with a special “Party at the Pitch.”
Starting at 4 p.m., fans are invited to join the festivities on Sheakley Lawn for a tailgate-style event that will feature a Heineken beer special, as well as local musical artists My Sister Sarah performing on stage from 4 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Among the other activities on Sheakley Lawn, Continental Tire will have an interactive set-up for fans, and Taste of Belgium will offer waffle sampling, as well. The FC Cincinnati – Columbus Crew SC kickoff is set for 6 p.m.
Admission to “Party at the Pitch” is included with every Columbus game ticket. Entrance to Sheakley Lawn is only available outside of Gate 2, off Corry St.
A limited number of tickets still remain for Sunday’s #HellisReal game against Columbus at Nippert Stadium. While general admission tickets have already sold out, tickets remaining start at $25. Individual and group tickets are available for Sunday’s game – and all remaining home games – at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK).
As the game day sponsor, 12 oz. Heineken draft beers will be available for $5 throughout “Party at the Pitch,” as well as for the duration of the game at all fixed concession locations. Further, a $2 pretzel and cheese concessions offer will also be available at all fixed locations.
Sunday’s game is also a “Blue Out” game and fans are encouraged to wear blue gear to the game.
FULL HEINEKEN RIVALRY WEEK ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
In celebration and preparation for the very first Heineken Rivalry Week game in the Queen City, FC Cincinnati have a host of activities and promotions planned locally leading up to Sunday’s nationally televised #HellisReal derby.
Please note the media advisories below each event about the various on-site contacts, as well as specific RSVP info for each activity.
Now through 5 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 22
- Fans who come to the FC Cincinnati Team Shop (43 East Fourth St., Cincinnati, OH 45202) and purchase from the special “Blue Out” selection or the MLS Salute to Service camo prematch top will receive a ticket to an exclusive meet and greet with FCC defender Nick Hagglund after the store closes on Thursday.
Now through 5 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 24
- Fans can trade in Columbus Crew SC merchandise to the FC Cincinnati Team Shop and receive a 30% discount off their entire on-site purchase of FCC gear.
Wednesday, Aug. 21
- 4 p.m. – Grand opening of the Hartwell Recreation Center Mini Pitch (8275 Vine St., Cincinnati, OH 45216)
Thursday, Aug. 22
- 6 p.m. – Exclusive ticketed meet and greet with Nick Hagglund at FCC Team Shop (tickets must be presented for entry)
Friday, Aug. 23
- 5 p.m. – “The Prematch Meeting LIVE!” at Buffalo Wings & Rings in Oakley (4615 Factory Colony Ln., Cincinnati, OH 45209). Hosted by FCC broadcast analyst Kevin McCloskey and fccincinnati.com’s Alex Stec. Special guests include Ron Jans, Gerard Nijkamp, Jimmy McLaughlin and Paul Nicholson. Streamed live on FC Cincinnati’s Facebook page. Admission is free and open to the public.
Saturday, Aug. 24
- 7 p.m.–11 p.m. – MLS’ “Standing Room Only” party, presented by Heineken at the Woodward Theater (1404 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202). The league’s marquee party during this year’s Heineken Rivalry Week is targeted at both FCC fans and Crew supporters in town for Sunday’s big game. This is a 21+ event and reserved attendance is already at venue capacity. The evening’s activities will include:
- Free Heineken product
- A DJ battle with ClockworkDJ representing Cincinnati and RJD2 representing Columbus
- Live painting of Secret Wall installations by street artists from both cities
- An eMLS FIFA battle between FCC Fiddle and CrewSC Graham
- A life-size Lite-Bright installation
- Digital photo booth
- Foosball tables
- Fans with tickets are encouraged to arrive early
Sunday, Aug. 25
- 4 p.m. – “Party at the Pitch” (see above) opens on Nippert Stadium’s Sheakley Lawn.
- Approx. 5 p.m. – FC Cincinnati Supporters March arrives at the UC Bearcat Statue by Fifth Third Arena
- Approx. 5:20 p.m. – FCC Supporters March gathers inside Nippert Stadium behind Section 110/111 before advancing to The Bailey
- 6 p.m. – Kickoff of #HellisReal derby: FC Cincinnati vs. Columbus Crew SC (TV: FS1, Stream: FoxSportsGo, Radio: WDJO)
- Skydivers landing at midfield before the anthem
- National Anthem performed by Country Music Television featured artist and Cincinnati native Rayne Johnson
- FCC supporters are expected to unveil a brand-new, game-specific tifo over The Bailey at kickoff
ABOUT THE GAME
Sunday’s 6 p.m. ET game against Columbus will be televised nationally on FS1, kicking off the network’s three-game, seven-hour Heineken Rivalry Week coverage that also includes a 30-minute pregame show starting at 5:30 p.m., the Dallas-Houston game at 8 p.m. and concludes with the LAFC-LA Galaxy game at 10:30 p.m.
Cincinnati and Columbus met just two weeks ago in their first-ever MLS meeting, playing to a 2-2 draw at MAPFRE Stadium. Darren Mattocks and Emmanual Ledesma’s goals gave FCC a 2-1 lead at the half, before Columbus equalized early in the second half. FCC goalkeeper Przemysław Tyton made several crucial late-game saves – including two in stoppage time – to preserve the road point in head coach Ron Jans’ debut on the bench.
The teams first met in the fourth round of the 2017 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, where FCC claimed a 1-0 win over the Crew at Nippert Stadium to continue its magical USOC run and draw attention to the club and city’s MLS ambitions.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team’s official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati.