CINCINNATI, OH – FC Cincinnati played host to Pittsburgh Riverhounds Saturday and earned another point in the standings with a 2-2 draw in front of another strong crowd at Nippert Stadium. The Orange and Blue left the pitch remaining unbeaten against the Hounds in six head-to-head matches to date.

“Interesting soccer game. To come from behind twice against a team that hadn’t conceded so far this season is certainly not an easy challenge,” said FCC Head Coach Alan Koch postgame. “So we’re very proud of the group for showing the character and embracing a lot of the tactical changes we made during the course of the game that allowed us to come from behind twice.”

Forward Danni König and midfielder Kenney Walker scored one goal apiece for FCC, totaling the sum of goals conceded (two) by Pittsburgh so far in USL action. The Hounds had not allowed a goal in any of its first four contests. Saturday also marked the first time the Orange and Blue recorded multiple goals in a match through five USL tilts.

Pittsburgh capitalized on an early opportunity deep in FCC territory when defender Jordan Dover pushed one through in the sixth minute. Dover entered the 18-yard box and put the ball into the back left side of the net with his right foot on an unassisted score for the Hounds.

FCC was awarded a free kick following a yellow card on Dover, and midfielder Lance Laing searched for an equalizer before the break on a cross to Forrest Lasso. However, Lasso’s header attempt missed high from the right side of the six-yard box. The two clubs tallied seven total shots combined in the half and two shots on goal.

Out of the break, FCC ramped up its offensive firepower in their comeback for a hard-earned point on home turf.

In the 59th minute, midfielder Corben Bone assisted König on a right-footed equalizer from inside the box into the back left corner of the net to knot the board at 1-1.

Pittsburgh responded with its second goal of the match in the 73rd minute. Midfielder Thomas Vancaeyezeele put one through with his right foot from the center of the box on an assist from fellow midfielder Kenardo Forbes for a one-goal advantage.

The Orange and Blue again came back for another equalizer moments later. Midfielder Nazmi Albadawi’s try from the left side of the box was blocked in the 78th minute and off the deflection, Kenney Walker gave FCC another shot on goal and this one found the back of the net off Walker’s right foot.

In the 86th minute, Laing looked for the win when he crossed the ball to Albadawi for another header try. Albadawi’s header from the center of the box was saved near the top of the goal by Pittsburgh keeper Daniel Lynd.

The match drew an attendance of 24,505 to Nippert Stadium. FCC hits the road again for its next match at Ottawa Fury FC on April 28. Kickoff is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.


PIT: 6th – Jordan Dover (unassisted)
FCC: 59th – Danni König (Corben Bone)
PIT: 73rd – Thomas Vancaeyezeele (Kenardo Forbes)
FCC: 79th – Kenney Walker (unassisted)


FCC: Evan Newton, Lance Laing, Justin Hoyte, Forrest Lasso, Dekel Keinan, Corben Bone, Jimmy McLaughlin, Nazmi Albadawi, Emmanuel Ledesma, Richie Ryan, Danni König

PIT: Daniel Lynd, Raymond Lee, Jordan Dover, Tobi Adewole, Todd Pratzner, Ben Zemanski, Kevin Kerr, Mouhamed Dabo, Kenardo Forbes, Thomas Vancaeyezeele, Neco Brett