MILFORD, Ohio – As FC Cincinnati’s world-class training facility gets closer to completion this fall, project managers today released internal renderings of the Mercy Health Training Center, as well as up-to-date project photos. This marks the first time the facility’s internal design has been released.
Slated for a mid-to-late October 2019 opening, the Mercy Health Training Center in Milford was designed by MSA Sport and is being built by Cincinnati office of Turner Construction.
The $30 million, 24-acre center has three full-size, lit soccer fields – including two stabilized natural grass surfaces and one synthetic turf surface – as well as a goalkeeper-specific training area which are in use daily by FC Cincinnati, and soon the FC Cincinnati Academy.
The 34,000 square foot, multilevel MHTC building will house the entire FC Cincinnati first team, as well as a separate wing for the Academy. Additionally, there is a 3,000 sq. ft. maintenance facility on the property.
Some key features designed into the Mercy Health Training Center that will enhance and enrich FC Cincinnati’s players’ experience include:
- First-team locker room featuring large-height ceilings and natural light
- Full-service, on-site kitchen and dining room with direct pitch-side access
- Player lounge and support facilities including an on-site barber shop
- State-of-the-art sports performance areas including a full-service athletic training suite, a double-height fitness facility, hot/cold hydrotherapy plunge pools
- Soccer operations and administrative offices to support the first team and FCC Academy teams
- Second-floor balcony and lounge area that overlooks the training pitches
- Four Academy locker rooms and Academy-specific athletic training area
- Expansive equipment area, including storage, cleaning and maintenance spaces
- Meeting and conference spaces, as well as a media production studio and media work areas
The organization and layout of the first-team facility is designed to encourage selective interaction between Academy players and professionals and to serve as an inspiration for the youth players as they aspire to earn a place on the FC Cincinnati first team.
The design of the Mercy Health Training Center was inspired by the mission and values of FC Cincinnati – winning team, family-friendly and community-minded – and reflects a progressive, environmentally sustainable, modern aesthetic reflective of the rise of the sport of soccer in America.
In the design process, the MSA Sport design team benchmarked training grounds across the world, including the best in Europe, South America and Asia. The goal of the design meets the original goal to develop one of the premier and most progressive team facilities in Major League Soccer and North America.