CINCINNATI – The FC Cincinnati Foundation has awarded 18 grants totaling $100,000 to community organizations based in the West End neighborhood of Cincinnati. A full listing of the organizations recognized – and the projects the grants will support – follows below.
Through a landmark Community Benefits Agreement, entered into by FC Cincinnati and the Port in April 2018, the FC Cincinnati Foundation – the club’s charitable arm – committed to investing a minimum of $100,000 per year for 30 years to support programming and community-building activities to facilitate an improved quality of life in the West End.
Today’s announcement represents the first round of grants awarded in the West End by the FC Cincinnati Foundation. The FCCF has committed to donating at least $100,000 in grants to West End organizations annually, and will look to increase the annual grant total awarded to West End groups as it is able.
THE 2019 GRANT RECIPIENTS
- Bright Star Community Church: To support their summer camp program, including field trips and transportation
- Camp Joy: To support the participation of kids from the West End in the program
- Carl Lindner YMCA: To support the senior wellness program Silver Sneakers
- Christmas Program through West End Community Council: To provide food and activity vendors in support of bringing the community together around the holidays
- Cincinnati Music and Arts Program: For new instruments
- Ezz Fest: To support the event’s activities vendors and food
- Families Forward: For incentives to increase family involvement in the classroom at Hays Porter School
- Junior Achievement of OKI Partners: To bring their financial literacy and business introduction classes to eight classes in West End schools
- MindPeace: To expand mental health programming at Taft High School
- My Why: In support of a sports vehicle used to assist with youth sports transportation for various teams in the West End
- Q-Kidz Dance Team: To support dance competition expenses
- Saint Joseph School: To support the facility upgrades including a security entrance, lights and an awning to allow for more events to take place at the school
- Saturday Hoops: To provide soccer equipment for programming
- Sisterhood 360: To support Taft’s Girls Basketball team travel
- Students Blossom: In support of the construction of an edible garden in the West End for children
- Summer Camp Reading: To support third and fourth grade students struggling with reading
- West End Reds Baseball/Softball: To support equipment upgrades and maintenance
- York Street UMC: Tor a youth field trip to Columbus
ABOUT THE FC CINCINNATI FOUNDATION
The FC Cincinnati Foundation was formed in December 2018 and aims to improve the lives of children in the Greater Cincinnati area through the game of soccer. The Foundation’s mission is accomplishment primarily through five key programs: School Club Ambassador, Soccer for Success, Mini Soccer Pitch Builds, West End Pride and Learning Is Cool. These programs help promote and encourage strong academic performance, and serve as catalysts to reinforce character values and improved health. The Foundation also serves as FC Cincinnati’s philanthropic arm, making donations and investments to Cincinnati-area organizations that have similar goals and ambitions for the area’s youth. Fans can follow along with the FC Cincinnati Foundation’s community work through its social media channels: @FCC_Foundation on Twitter, /FCCincyFoundation on Facebook and @FCCFoundation on Instagram.