FC Cincinnati have announced the club’s protected list for the 2022 MLS Expansion Draft, which will be conducted Friday, November 11 at 7 p.m. ET.
As 2023 expansion club St. Louis CITY SC prepare to begin MLS play next season, the team may select up to five players in preparation for their inaugural season. However, only a single player can be drafted from any one club.
Clubs can protect 12 players from their Senior, Supplemental, and Reserve rosters. Generation adidas players who have not been graduated at the end of the 2022 MLS Season and Homegrown Players (ages 25 and under – born in or after 1997) on a club’s roster at the end of the 2022 MLS Season are automatically protected. Clubs do not have to use a protected slot on them.
Clubs must protect a certain number of players who occupy an international slot. Due to League Expansion Draft rules, FC Cincinnati must protect three players who occupy an international slot.
The full list of protected players is available at MLSSoccer.com.
FC Cincinnati Protected List:
- Luciano Acosta
- Isaac Atanga
- Álvaro Barreal
- Nick Hagglund
- Alec Kann
- Matt Miazga
- Ian Murphy
- Obinna Nwobodo
- Sergio Santos
- Brandon Vazquez
- Kenneth Vermeer
Automatically Protected FC Cincinnati Players:
- Zico Bailey (Homegrown)
- Roman Celentano (Generation adidas)
- Calvin Harris (Generation adidas)
- Stiven Jimenez (Homegrown)
- Arquimides Ordoñez (Homegrown)
- Harrison Robledo (Homegrown)
- Beckham Sunderland (Homegrown)
Further Key Parameters:
2022 MLS Expansion Draft Process:
- Five Rounds: St. Louis CITY SC may select up to five players from the eligible pool of players, claiming only a single player from any one club.
- Selection clock: St. Louis CITY SC will be permitted three minutes for each selection.
- Timeouts: No timeouts
- Trades: No trades are permitted during the 2022 MLS Expansion Draft.
General Allocation Money (GAM):
- Clubs that have a player selected in the Expansion Draft will receive $50,000 in General Allocation Money.
- Clubs eligible for Compensatory Allocation under the CBA provision regarding bona fide offers to free agents shall not be eligible for an additional $50,000 of GAM if that player is selected in the Expansion Draft.
For further rules and procedures on the 2022 MLS Expansion draft, visit the official MLS website, HERE.
2023 Season Tickets are on sale now at fccincinnati.com/tickets. Fans looking for more information can contact a dedicated FC Cincinnati representative at (513) 977-5435 or e-mail email@example.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team’s official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team’s official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.