Join chef Kekuta Manneh as he demonstrates how to make Domoda, a traditional Gambian meal. Domoda is a peanut butter stew served over rice. Below are instructions on how you can make it on your own at home. Enjoy!
3 chicken breasts
1 large onion, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Roma tomatoes, diced
½ can (3 oz) tomato paste
¾ cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
4 Maggi or Knorr tomato bouillon cubes
3 cups water
Scotch bonnet chili peppers, diced, according to heat preference
4 cups pumpkin or sweet potato, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Wash and cut meat into bite size pieces (chicken should be cut into larger pieces).
2) In a cooking pan, boil the meat, onions and chopped fresh tomatoes in water for 10 minutes.
3) Add peanut butter and other ingredients, bring to boil stirring occasionally.
4) Reduce heat after 10 minutes and simmer for 45 minutes.
5) Serve with plain boiled rice.